Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Magic in film and book

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: The entire series is getting a little tired on film. The feeling that the books provided that one exciting night are somehow missing in the movies. And yet, make no mistake, this is a director at the height of his powers working with a cast at its peak. Did you know that the series has at point or the other engaged many of the top British talent in film and theatre? And yet something is missing in the movies. I dearly wished for a private moment with Harry. Like may be a shot of him just thinking. I never got it.

The Illusionist: Saw this on Kunal's suggestion. Pretty good thriller. Was disappointed when the ending was so predictable. It is about a magician. If I say anything more I am in danger of ruining the movie for you. But do watch it.

Deathly Hallows: Read the NYB review, pls. I am asking you for the second time.