Thursday, March 01, 2007

Back in office

Am back in office after two and a half months. Regular readers of this blog would know I was at a yoga camp in Bangalore. I also got to spend time in my hometown of Nagercoil. Now, I am itching to go and chop chop chop some copies.

*******
You may have seen this huge tome called A Thousand Days in book shops. If you are the voraciously reading kind, you may have even read the Pulitzer award winning work. The author of that book on the JFK administration, Arthur Schlesinger, died in Manhattan last night. I read his obit in NYT today. There are geniuses that we come to know only after their death. Historian Schlesinger is one such. Do read the obit. I am sure you will find him fascinating too.

*******
A close friend has started linkr. The site is in Tamil. If you know Tamil, please check out his blog.

*******
Vladimir Nabokov, author of Lolita, has written this very long critique of Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis. I am just putting this on the blog to remind myself to read it.
Link via: Dabbler