Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Existential crisis

O.K., you got to know by now that I am no Satre. My crisis is not gonna change the world, but you can bet it's bloody real.

A couple of days ago, I went to watch this movie called Vegam to review it. I can't begin to tell you how depressing it was for me. Having decided to review films to earn a few extra bucks, I felt that perhaps I should not be too optimistic about my career choice.

During the interval as I sipped my coke adulterated with extra water, I pondered a career change and realised my passion was for films alone. But if I had to watch two, three movies in a row like Vegam, wasn't I sure to lose my sanity?

What would I do if I had to watch 10 movies like this one?

Post interval, the frustration did get to me a bit. I wanted to jump on screen and knock some sense into the characters.

It took a couple of days to relax. I am cool again. Hope movies like that one never get made.

My review of the movie is somewhere around here. Read it if you have to.